The Government of Cape Verde welcomes investors from EU and other industrialized nations, especially for touristic and export oriented projects.
The investor enjoys the following advantages:
- Preferential access to EU markets through the Lomé treaty;
- Preferential access to the West African Markets of the ECOWAS zone;
- Bilateral fishery treaty with Senegal and Guinea;
- Preferential access to the U.S. and the European markets due to the most favored nation status;
- Multi-lingual population;
- Low wages;
- Political stability;
- Diversified landscape with a wide range of leisure opportunities;
- Temperate climate.
The investment incentives of the Cape Verde Government include:
- Exemption from corporate tax for the first three years for external investors;
- Initial exemption and subsequent reduction of profit and property taxes for investors in tourism projects;
- Tax credit in the case of re-investments;
- Exemption from import duties for the import of investment goods;
- Exemption from import duties for the import of raw materials and other inputs during the first years of operation;
- Possible recognition as a free zone enterprise;
- Unrestricted re-export of dividends, profits and capital.